Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures
                                    The Jackie Chan Adventures
                            The Happiest Place On Earth - DisneyLand
                                                PART 6
 
    As the gang make their way through the ante-chambers and passageways of the earthen fortress, home to the deity MARA there are other people in line ahead of them also walking through the queue area.
 
MICHAELANGELO
    Oh great, just what we need.
RAPHAEL
    I didn't expect this, long lines.
JACKIE CHAN <Checks his watch>
    It's 9:00 now.  We should be on the ride by 9:15 or 9:30.
VENUS
    That's a long wait but I hope it's worth it.
JADE
    Probably is or there would be less people in line.
DONATELLO
    Good point Jade. <Gives thumbs up sign>
JADE
    I keep getting flashes of brilliance.
TOHRU
    Lucky you. <Grins> If you get more, tell us.  We got a long wait ahead of us.
NINJARA
    Patience my friends, like Chan said we'll be on the ride soon.
JACKIE CHAN
    Right, meanwhile the queue is designed to allow us to interact or pretend we are the main stars in the next Indiana Jones movie.
 
    When he said that the others stared at him in surprise & shock. "What?" they all seem to say at once, "We are the stars in Indy's newest film?"
 
JADE
    I can't believe we are starring in the next movie.
TOHRU
    Wow!  But where's Indy?  Is he here in this attraction?
NINJARA
    I hope so, he's my favorite character from the previous 3 films and the paperback book series.
JACKIE CHAN
    It says in the map or brochure "The Indiana Jones Adventure allows visitors to pretend like they are visiting one of Indy's archaeological discoveries in the jungles of India.  An ancient temple built eons ago by the native villagers to honor their god MARA.  It is said that anyone or anybody who visited the temple on their free will would receive one of 3 magical gifts within...Eternal Youth, Dazzling Wealth, Future Knowledge.  But there was a CURSE or warning!  Any stupid foolish mortal who dared look the idol in the eyes would be punished-banished forever into the Gates Of Doom and never return ALIVE!"
 
    Mike, Venus, Ralph, Don, Jade, Ninjara & Tohru cringe-flinch at this frightening warning but they know it can't be real, just make believe.  So they proceed onwards through the passageways.  One of the turtles accidentally pulls on a bamboo post ignoring a sign that reads "Caution, Do Not Pull On Bamboo" and without warning the ceiling starts descending from above and spikes appear from nowhere!
 
EVERYBODY
    AAAAAAAAAAAUGH! <All scream like Charlie Brown>
MICHAELANGELO
    Oops, I didn't do it, I didn't do anything.
 
    Then as quickly as it happens the ceiling stops inches above everyone's heads and rises back into the shadows again with the spikes disappearing from view.
 
VENUS
    What was that?!  Boobytrap?
NINJARA
    I thought we were going to die.
TOHRU
    Me too ladies.  Those spikes just missed impaling us.
JACKIE CHAN
    Calm down, relax.  It was only movie-magic, special effects.  The spikes were not real, they were actually plastic or foam-rubber and painted to look like the real things.  But yes, it almost indeed looked realistic.
JADE
    Whew, saved by the bell.
RAPHAEL
    Man, for a moment there I believed it was real.
DONATELLO
    I wonder who set off the trap?
MICHAELANGELO
    Duh, I did bros. <Looks innocent> Sorry.
 
    Everyone glowers at the party dude but then break into laughter ignoring the puzzled expressions from the other guests in line.  Their next stop is the Movie Room where Salah, Indy's best friend gives his Tour Safety Tips.  He describes the military troop transports the visitors would be riding, remain seated at all times with safety restraints fastened, no eating-drinking-smoking while onboard, etc.  Salah reminds the guests about the magic gifts that await them within the Chamber Of Destiny but cautions them not to stare the idol in the eyes or pay the ultimate price - suffer the consequences!!!
 
JADE
    This is officially boring.
MICHAELANGELO
    I know what ya mean, major boredom.
JADE
    How much longer before we're on the attraction?
MICHAELANGELO
    Well, it's 9:15 now.  It should be about 5 to 10 mins before we board our jeeps.
JADE
    If you say so Mikey, hehehehehe.
MICHAELANGELO
    Yeah, hahahahahaha.
JACKIE CHAN
    I wonder what they are laughing about? <To himself>
 
    From the Movie Room the gang pass Indy's office where he had been busy cataloging all manners of artifacts & treasures to be shipped back home to the museum in New York City.  Then they enter the Chamber Of Destiny to clear their minds so MARA can peer into their souls and decide which magic gift they desire.  Other guests are being assisted into their transports by Cast Members at the loading dock area so before the friends board their transport...they throw some last minute warnings to the visitors ahead of them.
 
DONATELLO
    Fasten your seatbelts, keep arms, hands, legs, feet inside at all times.
RAPHAEL
    Remain seated while the jeep is in motion.
MICHAELANGELO
    And no eating-drinking-smoking while onboard, thank you.
VENUS
    You know? <Smirks> you guys would make good CMs.
MIKE-RALPH-DON
    HUH? <At the same time> WHA?!
VENUS
    Hahahahahahahaha, I love your expressions.
NINJARA
    Yeah Ralph, you look funny with your mouth open like that, hahahahahaha.
TOHRU
    This cracks me up.  Hahahahahahaah!
 
    All 3 turtles blush red, not with anger but embarrassment.  Yet they shrug it off by laughing too.  Minutes later the CMs help the friends into their transport.  In the first row Ninjara takes the wheel with Chan next to her, then Raphael.  In the second row Venus moves to the far inside followed by Jade and Donatello.  In the third row Michaelangelo moves to the far inside followed by Tohru and several other guests.
 
DONATELLO
    Who let the vixen drive?
NINJARA
    What's wrong with me driving, hmmm? <Glowers> Am I not a skilled driver.
DONATELLO
    Oh, of course you are madame.
NINJARA
    Thank you, I'll accept that as a compliment.
JACKIE CHAN
    Is everybody ready?
VENUS-MIKE-RALPH-TOHRU-JADE-DON-NINJARA
    READY! <All give thumbs up>
SALAH <Voice heard over radio console>
    Hello, hello, oh my friends, ahh the brakes may be needing a little adjustment but easy on the curves, heh-heh. <Sound of mic clicking off>
 
    The vehicle pulls away from the loading dock and approaches one of the 3 GIFT doorways within the Chamber Of Destiny.  As it opens magically as if by unseen hands the voice of MARA welcomes, beckons his visitors to enter freely.
 
MARA
    You seek the future.  I will show you visions & events in time, it is your destiny.
 
    Chan, Jade, Ralph, Don, Mike, Venus, Ninjara, Tohru are dazzled by the sights before their eyes as they enter the Observatory Of The Future.  Suddenly a strange mesmerizing light catches the attention of one of the friends who stares directly ahead...Alas however the light is coming from the glowing eyes of the idol and within seconds MARA's angry voice explodes catching the gang by surprise!
 
MARA
    Foolish mortals!  You looked into my eyes, your destiny now lies beyond the Gates of Doom.  Bwa-hahahahaah!!!
TOHRU
    Who looked?
RAPHAEL
    It wasn't me!
MICHAELANGELO
    Or me.
DONATELLO
    Not me.
JACKIE CHAN
    I didn't do it.
JADE
    Aaaaaaaaah!
NINJARA
    Aye-yiyiyiyiyiyi!
VENUS
    Aaaaaaaaugh!
 
    Totally out of control now the transport is propelled by evil forces towards the Gates of Doom as they open releasing a greenish glow.  Suddenly a familiar figure appears in front of the entrance, fighting against the darkside powers to hold the gates closed...It is INDIANA JONES!!!  And he is not pleased or happy.
 
INDIANA JONES
    Tourists?  You had to look didn't you! <Fights to close the gates> Ugh, we got problems here.  Alright, swerve left, up to the left!  It's your only way out.
 
    As he slams the gates shut the CURSE is broken and the vehicle crashes back to the stone temple floor while the wheels spin for traction.  Indy motions frantically for the foolhardy guests to escape while they still can.  Ninjara and friends race past Dr. Jones and now find themselves careening helplessly though haunted chambers as though on a rollercoaster.
 
    The first chamber the friends pass through is the Cavern Of Bubbling Death a living h*** with fire, lava, smoke everywhere.  Crossing a shaky suspension rope bridge high above a lava pit a 10-foot decaying statue of MARA comes to life.
 
MARA
    Now you will suffer the consequences by defying me...DIE MORTALS! <Laser bolts streak from one of his eyes> HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!
JADE
    Jackie! <Panics>
JACKIE CHAN
    Aaaaaaaaaah! <Ducks down> Look out!
VENUS
    Aiiiiiiiiiiie!  He's trying to kill us!
TOHRU
    Gaaaaaaaaah!  Get me out of here!
ALL 3 TURTLES
    HEEEEEEEEELP! <Duck heads into their shells>
 
    Fortunately the lasers shot from Mara's eye misses the transport as the jeep crosses the bridge to the other side.  They race madly through the Mummy Crypt where mummified skeletons of past explorers and native temple-people who looked Mara in the eyes attack the jeep and its riders who yell & scream in pretend terror.  Entering another chamber a deafening hiss fills the air around them.
 
NINJARA
    What on earth?  Snakes?!
VENUS
    I hate snakes, I hate them!
RAPHAEL
    That was Indy's line from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
JADE
    Ugh, snakes everywhere.
INDIANA JONES <Voice heard all around>
    Snakes, careful.  Watch out for anything that slithers.
JACKIE CHAN
    What is that?! <Points ahead>
MICHAELANGELO
    A giant King Cobra!
DONATELLO
    It's going to strike us.
TOHRU
    Oh no!  Do something.
NINJARA
    Here we go again, hold onto your lunch-boxes! <Steps on the gas pedal>
 
    At the split second that the King Cobra lunges towards its prey the lady fox swerves the jeep out of its reach.  Other chambers the gang race through are the Insect Chamber seeing all those creepy crawlies scurrying along the walls, the Rat Cave where rats hissing & squeaking leap about in the darkness and the Dart Corridor which seems harmlessly enough...a vine-enshrouded passageway lined with skeleton warriors on both sides of the walls.  Suddenly a CLICK-CLICK sound is heard, meaning a boobytrap has been sprung accidentally and without warning arrows, darts & spears shoot out from hidden panels and whiz-whoosh overhead but you can't see them in reality.  Finally the transport rounds a corner and there is Indy hanging by a rope from the ceiling above just above the jeep's hood.
 
INDIANA JONES
    You made it!
VENUS
    Looks like Indy's going to save us as usual.
INDIANA JONES <Hears boobytrap being tripped>
    Uh-oh, back up, BACK UP!
TOHRU
    What is that coming at us?
JACKIE CHAN
    It's a giant boulder!
 
    A huge rock starts rolling towards the terrified gang as Indy shouts for them to get clear of the disaster about to strike them down.
 
INDIANA JONES
    Dive under the boulder before it hits you, move!
ALL 3 TURTLES
    WE'RE DEAD! <Again they pull their heads into their shells>
NINJARA
    For once, I agree!
VENUS
    I can't look. <Covers her eyes>
JADE & TOHRU
    AAAAAAAAAUGH!
 
    But just when all seems lost the floor suddenly gives way beneath the transport sending the friends falling down-down-down into darkness.  Landing on solid ground again the vehicle races on until turning another corner Mike, Don, Ralph, Venus, Ninjara, Jade, Tohru & Chan see the giant boulder smashed into a wall creating a large hole with rubble strewn about and standing next to the rock with a stupid grin on his face, hat tipped forwards is Indy again.  Although he congratulates the guests for escaping Mara's wrath he doesn't hesitate to throw a insult such as...
 
INDIANA JONES
    There, that wasn't so bad.  Was it? <OR> Next time, you wear blindfolds, OK? <OR> Don't tell me that was BIG fun.
 
    Then the theme song plays in the background the last final parts anyway to be followed by Salah again speaking to his visitors.
 
SALAH
    I celebrate your arrival.  If you drank too much from the Fountain Of Youth we'll be happy to assist you with strollers, ha-ha.  But please stay seated until your transport comes to a complete stop.
 
    Once the vehicle returns to the unloading lock area inside the Chamber Of Destiny the turtles & human allies disembark and proceed on their way through another passageway before exiting out the backside of the attraction and back inside AdventureLand again.  For awhile they just stand there savoring the moments of the ride they experienced.
 
JACKIE CHAN
    Phew, we escaped the wrath of Mara.
DONATELLO
    Now we must never let Ninjara drive again.
NINJARA
    Whatever you nitwit. <Arms folded, glares>
JADE
    It was fun though.  It almost seemed real like we were reenacting a scene from Indy's next movie.
VENUS
    It was even fun in the queue area while waiting to board the jeeps.  That 45 minute wait was not a waste.
TOHRU
    I agree, an excellent ride.
MICHAELANGELO
    I enjoyed it dude, especially racing through the haunted chambers.
RAPHAEL
    And we almost got crushed by a giant boulder only to fall through into a sinkhole and Indy has to insult us at the end.
JADE
    Maybe he was doing that just to warn us not to make the same mistake twice.
RAPHAEL
    Yeah, right.
MICHAELANGELO
    Whoa, cool off bro.
DONATELLO
    It's all make believe.
 
                                        END OF PART VI 

<- Part 5 | Back to Index | Part 7 ->